When and why to use a property management agent?
Do you own an apartment, office, retail premises, parking place or a garage in building with several other owners? In this case, Belgian law requires you to appoint a property management agent. The property management agent will be responsible for the administrative, accounting and technical management of the common parts of the property and, where appropriate, also responsible for any salaried staff.
Are you looking for a property management agent? Nexity Belgium would be delighted to assist and share our unparalleled expertise. For 30 years, Nexity has been ensuring the proper operation of installations in co-owned properties, the maintenance of common areas, pre-empting any disputes and managing all other aspects involved.
What do we handle?
Nexity Belgium, your 100% professional property management in Brussels.
The sound management of a co-owned property, an essential condition for the comfort of all co-owners and occupants, does not only call for high-quality administrative and accounting skills, but also professional technical assistance, which ensures, over the long term, the maintenance of the property value and its reputation. With this in mind we have developed our role: to offer co-owners the comprehensive management they should expect from a professional property management agent, notably by favouring quality of service and ensuring optimum communication.
- Organisation of general meetings and co-ownership boards
- Drafting minutes and following up the performance of decisions
- Tracking claims covered by insurance
- Keeping co-owners informed of new regulations
- Anticipating works to be carried out to ensure shared installations and equipment are maintained in good working order
- Producing quotes and negotiating with suppliers in the event of works
- Overseeing works, maintenance contracts and supply contracts
- In the case of an urgent call-out, someone from the company will be available 24-hours a day
- Contracting with specialist firms for various maintenance contracts for particular technology (lifts, heating, air conditioning, etc.) based on a tendering process ensuring you receive the best services at the best price
- Maintaining transparent accounting to ensure easy understanding of the accounts by all co-owners
- Paying invoices and taxes
- Compiling the breakdown of charges according to the agreed frequency
- Ensuring these charges are shared between co-owners
- Managing the building cash flow
- Ensuring the management of bad payers and disputes relating to charges
Managing salaried staff
- Recruiting salaried staff
- Managing salaried staff
- Managing payroll through a business services company
- Where appropriate, dismiss salaried staff
- Adhering to the rules of the joint committee 323
These little things make a big difference at Nexity Belgium…
24-hour on-line access to the management of your co-ownership property.
- Nexity Belgium offers co-owners the option to view, at any time and in a secure manner, private data and documents concerning their property from our website via the link
“my co-ownership client space”.
- Several hundred co-ownership associations in Brussels have entrusted us with some of the most prestigious buildings as well as several assisted-living facilities in Brussels which operate under the co-ownership system.
- The management of your property is ensured by a team of 3 people within each of our agencies (manager–assistant–accountant) who are always available and on hand.
Are you looking to change property management agent?